The Inspire India Programme run by West Sussex County Council Youth Service in partnership with Raleigh and Outset Youth Action has been designed to give young people from minority, disadvantaged or vulnerable backgrounds the opportunity to learn new skills, have new experiences and to discover their abilities. Through volunteering on a number of different projects the programme also offers opportunities to make a difference not only to their own lives but also to the lives of others both abroad and in their home communities.
Young people have been referred onto the scheme through support networks currently in place. For example through Social Workers if they have one, Intensive Personal Advisers, VT Careers Advisers, FE Colleges, YOS and other agencies. Theyhave been / will take part in the following phases:-
- Phase 1 – Recruitment and Taster Weekend Residential
- Phase 2 – Preparation and training, including a Challenge Weekend Residential
- Phase 3 – Overseas Experience in India
- Phase 4 – Volunteering in the community
- Phase 5 – Follow Up and Review